Wednesday 10 September 2008

Party Conference


Hello All,


Well, what a Conference it was!! Certainly one to remember.

Nigel gave a speech on day one that outlined a change of tack and strategy for UKIP, a strategy I fully support and believe will turn UKIP around and prepare us well for next years elections. Bob Spink gave a speech that was memorable and heartfelt - he is a rare politician, one that puts his country before his career. I met all of the UKIP MEP's, Peers and our MP. All of whom were warm and very welcoming.

I made a speech with Young Independence, and I felt pleased with my performance. Many people spoke to me afterwards extending their congratulations. I had just announced I was accepting a job in Brussels for the Independence and Democracy grouping in the European Parliament.


So plans are underway for my six month internship at Brussels. Very much looking foward to it!!


Till next time,


John

No comments: