Thursday 24 July 2008

Creeping up to the big day

No, not a wedding. But the North East Counties Rally, I can't wait. I've got my spech prepared, travel arrangements sorted now I just need to get behind that podium and express my beliefs to the party faithful.
This week has been a bit up and down. Getting to know new people within the party and striking up good links with Young Independence, particularly thier very own Wayne Harling. I would like to congratulate Michael Heaver on his Question time appearance and hope this is the beginning of a new dawn for UKIP.
On the other hand this so called 'Democracy Forum' has been causing a few upsets, regarding the 'activists' within the party. I made some 'home truths' regarding the lack of activists and the forum becoming too much of a 'talking shop' of sheer negativity which cannot be good for morale within the party membership. Either way, It is well known that many do not take the forum seriously and pass it off as sheer 'tittle tattle'. Perhaps these 'armchair politicians' should stop taking themselves so seriously and try to get behind the party for a change - it harks back to the old cliche - 'No-one likes a divided party'. I firmly believe that forums like the one in question could do more harm than good for UKIP.
On a more positive note, a great day is in prospect on saturday and finally some nice Summer weather should accompany some good discussion and progress within the North East Membership of UKIP.

Keep the emails coming everyone!

Till next time,

John

No comments: