Friday 13 February 2009

Geert Wilders and THAT video

I appears that the final flicker of freedom of speech has been stubbed out.

Geert Wilders, a man not many of us in the UK know of, is a man who attempted to come to Britain to show a video that depicted the Muslim faith as a "fascist" organisation. That is one man's opinion, and he wished to express that opinion.

I myself have met Mr Wilders and while his views are far too extreme for me to consider, he was decent and presentable. He had tried to show the very same video in the Strasbourg European Parliament to no avail, Parliament authorities silenced him before he was able to speak. The film was banned from viewing and the gathering press had come to see Mr Wilders gagged and bound by the EU authorities.

It really is a sad day for freedom of speech and of democracy.


I have not seen the video.....yet. But I must confess that despite the opinions of the video, I will watch it with an open mind. The best way really.


I feel ashamed to be a part of the UK as its citizen, our Government thinks nothing of those extremist Muslim clerics such as Abu Hamza et al, and while they live off taxpayers benefits and recieve the protection of our Police Force, one man who possess an opposing view is silenced and banned from our shores.

I believe our Government have got their priorities wrong. Shape up or ship out.


UKIP beleives in freedom of the individual in EVERY sense of the word.

No comments: